Three Cheese Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi
1/2 C Olive Loaf Bread Crumbs
200g grated mozzarella
25g grated parmesan cheese
1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced into 3cm pieces
50g pine nuts
1 brown onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
10 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine Olive Loaf Bread Crumbs, 100g mozzarella and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place pumpkin pieces and pine nuts on a lined baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake f0r 20 minutes.
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to the boil. Add gnocchi and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes or until the water comes back to the boil and gnocchi starts to float to the surface.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan over low – medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook without colour whilst stirring until fragrant and translucent.
- Add half of the sage leaves and stir through to infuse flavour.
- Add ricotta (reserving 1/4 C for later use) and 3/4 C cooking water from gnocchi. Stir to combine then allow to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and gnocchi to the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add remaining mozzarella and stir until melted.
- Pour mixture into an ovenproof dish. Top with prepared crumb mixture, dollop remaining ricotta and scatter remaining sage leaves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.