Ricotta & Strawberry Breakfast Muffins
I can’t say I’m a huge fan of Weetbix, which means they have never been a pantry staple, until recently! Little miss 9-months old has half a Weetbix with stewed (microwaved) berries each morning. Yes, breaking Weetbix in half creates a bit of mess and chopping the “good bits” from the “bad bits” of strawberries, a little wastage.
This delicious recipe combats mess and waste. These Ricotta and Strawberry Breakfast Muffins are a perfect mid-morning snack for mum and bub.
2 C wholemeal SR flour
1/2 C Weetbix crumbs
1/2 C caster sugar
60g butter, melted
4 strawberries, thinly sliced
a little extra ricotta and extra Weetbix crumbs to top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare a 12-hole muffin tray by lining with paper cases.
- Combine flour, Weetbix crumbs and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, butter and yoghurt. Whisk lightly to combine.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Fold ricotta through the muffin mixture until just combined.
- Fill muffin cases 3/4 full. Top with 2-3 slices or berries, a small dollop of extra ricotta and sprinkling of additional Weetbix crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Muffins should be well risen and lightly golden.