Here’s my cheats recipe for the fastest ‘donuts’ you’ll ever make. Actually, they’re a simple pancake, baked in a bundt tray, disguised as a donut. This is my lazy eats, cheats recipe for faux-nuts.
1 Pancake packet mix or shaker mix
1/4 C frozen or freeze dried raspberries*
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease a 12-hole bundt tray.
- Prepare pancakes as per instruction on the package.
- Add raspberries and gently fold until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into tray. Fill 2/3 of the way, allowing the faux-nuts a little room to rise.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the faux-nuts are lightly golden and spring back when touched.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tray then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- pistachio nuts
- fresh or freeze dried raspberries*
*freeze dried raspberries (and other freeze dried fruits) are available from The Essential Ingredient