Making your own breadcrumbs is so simple. Cafe’s are now selling their own range of breadcrumbs from yesterdays bake to reduce waste. You can do just that! Use my simple recipe for Olive Loaf Bread Crumbs, or any other stale bread you might have hanging around in the pantry. Sourdough, soy & linseed, spiced fruit… the possibilities are endless!
Day-old or stale olive loaf
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees
- Cut loaf into thin slices
- Place on baking tray in a single layer
- Cook for 20 minutes then remove tray from oven, turn slices and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Place in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles desired crumb
- Keep in a zip lock bag or air tight container for 2 weeks.