Olive and Halloumi Crusted Lamb
Re-envisioning the traditional crumbed lamb cutlet. Deliciously crispy crusted lamb, paired perfectly with the flavours of olive and halloumi. Try this delicious lamb recipe as a simple weeknight dinner or try over the weekend to impress dinner guests.
8 lamb cutlets (or any other cut you prefer)
90g halloumi, grated
zest of 1 lemon
1 C milk
1 C plain flour
1/4 C olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine Olive Loaf Bread Crumbs, grated halloumi and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to a third bowl.
- To coat lamb, first dust in flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat in crumbs. You may need to press the crumbs onto the lamb so the halloumi sticks. Set aside. Continue to coat remaining lamb.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium – high heat.
- Place crumbed lamb into pan and allow to cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking tray, lined with absorbent paper.
- Place in oven and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Greens of your choice. Drizzle with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.