250g fresh dates (approximately 12-14 dates), pitted
200g raw cashews
100g raw almonds
50g raw peanuts
80g shredded coconut
3 Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 C oats
2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
To sprinkle on top…
1 Tbsp buckinis (activated buckwheat)
1Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp oats
1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees and line a slice or lamington tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place dates, nuts, coconut and cacao powder in the bowl of a food processor and process on high until nuts are finely chopped and mixture starts to come together.
- Add sesame seeds, oats and rice malt syrup. Blend for a further 2 minutes or until the mixture is evenly blended and comes together.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared tray and flatten with the bottom of a glass for an even surface.
- Combine ingredients for sprinkle and scatter evenly over mixture. Press sprinkle lightly into mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly in tin before removing from the tin and cutting into bars.
- Place bars on a lined baking tray and cook for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool on tray.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.