Pineapple and Coconut Loaf
If you’re into desserts that aren’t too sweet then this recipe’s for you. Refined sugar free and naturally delicious. My Pineapple and Coconut Loaf recipe is quick and easy to prepare. You’ll love the dense texture and tropical feel.
3 eggs, lightly whisked
170 g greek yoghurt (I used a vanilla bean greek yoghurt)
1/4 C rice malt syrup
1/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla essence (I use Sarah Wilson’s recipe from Simplicious for Vanilla Essence)
1 C crushed tinned pineapple, juices strained
1 1/2 C wholemeal SR flour
1/2 C desiccated coconut
Additional coconut pieces to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine eggs, yoghurt, rice malt syrup, milk and vanilla essence in a large bowl.
- Add pineapple, flour and coconut. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin. Top with additional pineapple pieces or coconut.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the centre of the loaf is set in the centre. If you prefer a more pale crust, cover with foil half way through cooking.
- Allow loaf to cool slightly in the tin before turning onto a wire rack.