Cauliflower Fried Rice
(serves 4 as a side)
Cauliflower Fried Rice is a grain free alternative to a traditional fried rice. A simple, one pan weeknight meal ready in minutes.
1 Tbsp peanut oil
300g cauliflower couscous (or 1 small cauliflower, grated)
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 rashers bacon, diced
1 small red capsicum, deseeded and diced
1 small carrot, diced
1C frozen peas and corn
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add bacon, stirring until cooked and starting to caramelise.
- Add capsicum and carrot, stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Add pea and corn mixture, stirring until all vegetables are heated through.
- Ensure the pan is quite hot before adding the cauliflower. Stir over high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until ingredients are evenly combined and cauliflower has heated through.
- Add the tamari and sesame oil. Stir to combine.
- Serve with stir fried vegetables or asian style meat of your choice.